Stardust aims to foster a community for Movie & TV fanatics to connect and share their opinions about the entertainment they love. As outlined in our Terms & Conditions, we hold each user responsible for the content they share in order to create a safe and respectful community for everyone. By accepting the Terms & Conditions, you represent, warrant and agree that you will not engage in conduct or communication (video, written, verbal, or nonverbal) yourself, or through your account, which:
- is threatening, bullying, defamatory, abusive, obscene, lewd, sexually provocative or suggestive, pornographic, or which in any manner could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable law;
- could infringe or lead to infringement of any copyright, trademark, publicity or privacy right, or any other intellectual property or personal right of any person or entity;
- is or could be taken as slurs, hate speech or attacks on individuals or groups on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual preferences, or gender identity;
- constitutes spam (sending the same message multiple times or to multiple people will be treated as spam). This also includes posting content that is not aligned with Stardust’s purpose, to be a community that discusses movies & tv shows.
- is a solicitation or advertisement for any lewd or inappropriate personal conduct, commercial product, or activity;
- encourages or constitutes behavior that does not support a safe and comfortable environment for all users, which may include but is not limited to bullying, vigilantism, engaging in any conduct or activity that is threatening, harmful, harassing, abusive, vulgar, hateful, defamatory, lewd, sexually provocative, suggestive, or explicit, inflammatory, profane, racially or ethnically objectionable or discriminatory, religious or political, or in any manner encourages inappropriate, disrespectful, abusive, or unlawful conduct or otherwise makes the App an uncomfortable experience for anyone;
- restricts, inhibits, or discourages any other user from using the App or contains a virus or other harmful component;
- hacks, modifies or otherwise makes use of cheats, mods, automation software (bots) or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the App experience;
- violates any local, state, federal or international laws or gives rise to civil liability;
- violates or infringes any rights of third parties (including but not limited to copyright, trademark, rights of privacy or publicity, defamation or any other proprietary right);
- imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the App or otherwise interferes with the App;
- is a chain letter, or constitutes junk mail;
- specifies or claims that that you are affiliated with Stardust when you are not, including without limitation a “Administrator,” “Moderator,” or any other employee or agent of Stardust;
- requests account login information from other users;
- “spoofs” (use of any means to disguise your online identity or alter original attribute information, including, but not limited to duplicate accounts);
- uses or possesses programs to “crack” the App or other Internet security tools;
- upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files or data, or any other similar software or programs that may damage or inhibit the operation of the App;
- restrict or inhibit any user from using and enjoying the App; or
- anything else that Stardust in its sole determination deems harmful to the App’s or to Stardust’s integrity or business.
A Community Effort
We rely on our community to report content that does not adhere to these standards. If you see a reaction or a user profile that you think may violate these guidelines, please report them to us using the in-app report feature. Note that you may find content that you don’t like or agree with, but it may not necessarily violate our Community Standards. If this happens, you can unfollow the account in question.
Note that since this is a self-monitoring community, marking a reaction as “Discoverable” exposes your user-generated content to a wider audience, and thus stricter scrutiny by more people.
We may take action any time something violates the Community Standards outlined here.
We have a range of enforcement options, and the consequences for violating our rules vary depending on the severity of the violation and the person’s previous record of violations. While our moderators will give regard to these Terms, their decision (for example, as to removal of any user-generated content) will be final. Please note that we may need to change these rules from time to time and reserve the right to do so.
We ask that you take these standards seriously and honor the ultimate goal behind them: to create a safe and fun community for movie and TV enthusiasts everywhere.